Sunday 3 December 2017

Mind Blank




As you may have noticed, I've been off grid for the past few weeks. The main reason for this was the exam I took on Friday. It counts for half of my job application for my first post as a doctor providing I pass my final year. So not a big deal.... The second reason and title for this post is that when it came to writing for this blog I just couldn't put pen to paper, fingers to keyboard to write a whole post. There are a few half finished posts hanging out together in the background but that's it. I've been trying to work out why and I realised as an avid reader of many other blogs I felt lacking. And my mind went blank. The last time I wrote an essay was nearly five years ago and they were science based. I haven't written any literature since school except for a very occasional piece for the university newspaper. So I stopped. I have been working on self confidence in all aspects of my life and after looking at the pause on this blog, I made a decision.

JUST WRITE

The biggest failure in life is not trying in the first place. 

I can't remember who said this but it is so so true. If I hadn't tried I wouldn't have:

1. Passed my A-levels (like a high school diploma I'm guessing?)
2. Got into my first choice university for Biochemistry (my first degree)
3. Applied for medicine at all, let alone got a place
4. Found myself four months away from completing medicine (Eek!)
5. Started anything creative - knitting, crochet, felting etc
6. Started this blog

And if I think my writing skills need to improve? Practice! And how do you practice? By writing more posts!

I have been working on positive thinking as part of my esteem building process. This includes thinking of three good things every day and also at least one thing I did well that day. It is far too easy to self-criticize and very hard to self-compliment and I want to change that.

So...

What have you done today to make you feel proud? 


Thank you Heather Small for such an inspirational song!

I hope you all have a wonderful week x

No comments:

Post a Comment