Tuesday 5 December 2017

Lost on the Moorlands




Do you ever buy yourself Christmas or birthday presents? I know I do! I like treating myself and usually with something creative. Last Christmas I bought a gorgeous mini skein pack from The Knitting Goddess and a crochet-a-long kit for the Moorland blanket designed by Lucy from Attic 24.



I was still relatively new to knitting and crochet last Christmas and only cast on my first sock near the end of 2016 (post here). So while I got just as excited about yarn as I do now, I knew even less about how to use it. Fast forward about 11 months and I have finally found the perfect project for the mini skeins - the Surprise Party Shawl by Helen Stewart! Although I now have other minis so I may change my mind. Stay tuned for that one.



However, except for the boyfriend scarf, the Moorland blanket has been my longest languishing WIP. The CAL finished months ago and I haven't even finished the first clue. The colours are gorgeous and I know I will use the blanket a lot when it's done. The main problem is that I have moved around a lot for placements and its not a very portable project for commuter knitting. But all that yarn makes it look like I have a huge stash! And it's all for one blanket! So the time has come to try and put a dent in this WIP. I crocheted one colour line over the weekend and I forgot how mindless and relaxing the pattern is. It has a simple stitch repeat and doesn't require too much thinking. 

This is where I got to earlier this year:


Look at those colours! Don't they remind you of walking in the countryside?

And this is where I got to over the weekend:


The lighting in my room isn't great but you can see the progress! It looks like a cosy scarf at the moment.

My plan is to add one row a day. How do you run a marathon? One step at a time, so that's what I'll do with this blanket :)

Have you got any mammoth projects hiding among your WIPs?

Charlotte and Harvey x

No comments:

Post a Comment