Monday 4 December 2017

Flax 2




Gift knitting number 2 complete!

I'm living in hospital accommodation during the week at the moment but I remembered to take a quick photo before I left home yesterday. I'm really missing having all my knitting projects nearby! 


This is another Flax sweater by Tin Can Knits from their Simple Collection. This is aimed at beginner knitters who want to improve using patterns with helpful tutorials. Each pattern has sizes from newborn up to XXL adult. 



I'm a big fan of the Simple Collection as it has made jumper knitting really straightforward. It also includes a shawl, socks, a hat, mittens, a cowl and a cardigan, all with step by step tutorials. I can knit socks and have knit a hat but next on my list is the cardigan. And the best bit? They're all free! If you'd like to knit your first garment, I would definitely recommend this collection. If you're not ready to knit a jumper for yourself then you can make a smaller version for a child. That way you learn the techniques but it's not a mammoth project.


My own flax just has one sleeve to go! Planning to get that finished in the next two weeks in time for Christmas.

Link to the Simple Collection here

Are you gift knitting? Including something for yourself?

Hope you've had a lovely start to the week x

No comments:

Post a Comment