Thursday 26 January 2017

January 2017



This year is speeding along! Before I've had time to blink its the end of January. I've finished one placement, moved back home and am already halfway through the next placement. I haven't had a weekend at home yet this year between on calls, visiting friends and a mini leadership weekend which was great fun. This weekend is mostly at home (yay!) except for an engagement party on Saturday night. 

I have chosen my yarn for my first socks for the Yarngasm Box o Socks KAL 2017. You'll have seen pictures of this yarn in a previous post and I've finally decided to use it! Its The Wool Kitchens sock yarn in the colourway 'Ziggy', named in honour of the late David Bowie. I'm thinking of casting on Hermione's Everyday Socks by Erica Leuder. This pattern is available for free on Ravelry (here). 





My next 'along' is the Moorland blanket CAL organised by the lovely Lucy of Attic24. Its coming up to the 4th reveal tomorrow but I am still on week 1's stripes. I have started taking it on my commute to make more time to crochet. As a beginner I am quite slow but the pattern is straightforward and very relaxing to do on the train. I love the curious looks I get as I crochet away on the train! I am loving the colours!




I took a last minute trip to Edinburgh and despite my best intentions I didn't manage to cross off any yarn stores on my wishlist. Next time I'm up there I'm hoping to visit Ginger Twist Studios, Kathy's Knits and Be Inspired Fibres. Edinburgh Castle was impressive in a dominant and castle-y sort of way! 





Resolution Update

Declutter
I've added 6 balls of yarn to the charity shop box. Its snowflake yarn which is horrible to work with and has been sitting there for aaaages. Time to go!

Blogging
This is post number 3 for 2017 so averaging more than last year. I'm conscious of quality over quantity and don't want to post anything I don't feel is worth publishing.

More creative events
I'm steadily adding events to my Pinterest board and calendar. I'm planning to go to Unravel in Surrey next month and still searching for a class that both interests me and I have time to go to. The search continues! I would like to visit some more local yarn shops as well. 

Plan my creativity
First socks planned! The Moorland CAL is ongoing. I'm on the hunt for worsted weight yarn to start the first project in The Simple Collection from Tin Can Knits. At some point I may even finish my shawl designed by Helen Stuart of the Curious Handmade podcast. Tempted to start a cosy memories blanket to use up my leftover sock yarn as I knit this year but need to stop adding projects! 

Podcasts I've listened to this week:

Grocery Girls
Hey Sister
The Knitting Expat
Little Bobbins
Bad Wolf Girl Sits and Knits
Yarngasm

To try out:

A Homespun House
Sockmatician

What are you making? Any creative plans for the year?



No comments:

Post a Comment