Friday 29 June 2018

Monogaknits




I've been a bit quiet on here for the past week and its for two very good reasons. Firstly, it is so hot! I know that readers in far hotter countries than the UK will be laughing at that but it reached 32 degrees centigrade today and it's just too hot to knit. This was the view on my morning runs this week (I say that like I'm a running machine, it happened twice)


And when at the beach, you have to have ice cream.


And the second reason for not posting is that I have been knitting on one thing. Just the one. And it's not exciting. And you can't tell from photos if it has got any longer or any closer to being finished. Yes, dear readers, I am knitting a scarf. It is only through sheer love that I'm even thinking about finishing it. I started this scarf in 2016 as a Christmas present for that year. I then cast on anything and everything else and avoided it. I completely agree with Shinybees when she stated on a recent podcast episode that scarves are the most effective thing to put people off knitting. They are repetitive, seemingly never ending and make any mistakes quite obvious. You can find her great podcast in iTunes and similar podcast sites. However. For someone knit-worthy but who wears a uniform everyday, things like scarves, hats and gloves are ideal. This scarf is for my lovely boyfriend who encourages me to knit and buy more yarn. Who could be more knitworthy?

So this is it:


The pattern is from Interweave Knit Holiday 2016 and uses aran weight yarn. It's really squishy and will be warm around Will's neck in winter. The reason I'm rushing to finish it is for Will's birthday near the end of July. Now I know what you're thinking - it's July and this is one of the warmest summers we have had in the UK for years. You would be right of course but a month after Will's birthday, he is away with work until December so a scarf will come in useful before he returns home. 




 There's a matching hat and I think it'll be a quicker and more enjoyable knit. I like the simple cables in both patterns, it gives the scarf more impact than straight ribbing. I'm up to 54 inches out of 64, nearly done!

Have a great weekend, Charlotte and Harvey x

No comments:

Post a Comment