Tuesday 16 January 2018

Bullet Journal



Hello! How is your week going? I thought I would write a quick post on the bullet journal I have started for 2018. I've never done one before but after seeing all the amazing page designs on Instagram I thought I would join the trend. I'm not a natural artist and don't have any special pens and kit so I have used whatever I could find in my stationary drawer! I have random coloured and black fineliner pens and from here we'll see how far I get.



So what is a bullet journal? Whatever you want it to be really! One of the main reasons it's so popular is that you can adapt it to suit you because you're the one designing every page. There are endless options for what to put in it. This is, however, a double edged sword as you can try to take on too many designs and pages which is a big reason for people giving up. So I'm starting simple with a year overview page:



The photo hasn't come out that well and each month has a different colour. The light in the UK at the moment is definitely a challenge for photography!

I also created a habit tracker and goals for the year. Creative goals are on a separate page and I will be posting about those separately. As I said, I'm not a natural at drawing but I quite like my little cactus! The beauty of these journals as well is that anyone can draw a straight line and therefore create something.



And finally the weekly planner:



It's simple because I don't have a lot of time at the moment. But it gets the job done! And gradually as I get used to creating a planner for each week I will start adding little extra details and drawings. I would like to add a blog post planner page, books I have read and perhaps a knitting project page as well. One step at a time :)

Do you have a bullet journal? What else do you use to organize everything?

No comments:

Post a Comment