Friday 14 July 2017

Wo-oh! Halfway there!



Wo-oh we're halfway theeeeere! Wo-oh living on a prayerrr!

Two exams down and one to go! The last exam takes place over two days so I'm tempted to count it as two really. A two day exam is just wrong on so many levels. I haven't posted on here for ages because revision has had to take priority leading up to my end of year exams. But by midday next Thursday I shall be free to relax and do whatever I feel like! I CANNOT WAIT. Can you tell I'm excited?


Knitting-wise a few things have been on the needles. I have taken some speedy photos - be prepared for a bit of blur!


I tried my first piece of colourwork:




The square is a little bit smaller than the plain knit square behind it so more practice needed (and blocking)! It was fun to try something new and get started with a new technique. This is from the Knit Now Enchanted Cottage KAL. You end up with enough squares to make a blanket. There are three square patterns in each magazine aimed at either beginner, intermediate or experienced knitters. Not entirely sure how many magazines you need to buy to complete the pattern, on five so far.


I've started a pair of Hermione's Everyday Socks. The pattern is free and available on Ravelry.




Sitting on a beach definitely helps when knitting. This is the lovely West Wittering on the south coast of England. The sound of the sea cures everything and gives you a deep sense of calm. I love this place and if I could, I would be here everyday rain or shine. The yarn is Regia 4 ply in Mosaik Istanbul.

I have also started the Tin Can Knits Flax Sweater, or a jumper as we Brits call it, in worsted weight yarn . There's not much of it at the moment so photos will follow once its more substantial! I am knitting it with some acrylic yarn from Hobbycraft which is obviously not what I would have as my first choice. As a beginner knitter I'm not yet ready to splurge on a sweater quantity of more expensive yarn. It would add pressure to get the jumper exactly right because of cost rather than for the end product. Now I can enjoy discovering how to knit raglan sleeves, shaping and how to make a jumper in general. Its toasty here in the UK right now but it should be done in time for cooler weather in September. 

That's my five minute speedy update! Back to the revision books! How has your July been so far?


I shall leave you lovely people with a picture of Harvey in his normal state of being - asleep and content:




Charlotte and Harvey x








No comments:

Post a Comment