Wednesday 3 May 2017

Away from the big smoke aka last alpine trip of the year



Sometimes its nice to get away from the city and to surround yourself with great scenery, long walks and lovely company. Last weekend I hosted a group of students from my university alpine club of which I am secretary. Our original booking in Somerset fell through, which seems to be a running theme for that particular hiking hut! So instead I invited everyone down to Chichester to see a new part of the country.


I don't think any of them had been to this part of the UK before so it was a delight to show it off. We walked from Chichester to West Wittering on Friday through beautiful fields like the one above and only one small stretch of scarily busy road. The less said the better about that road...

It was slightly more grey on the Sunday but we still headed out to the South Downs Way for a small loop walk of around 8km. The other half of the group did a longer route with a pub stop along the way. Sounded tough....



We saw bluebell woods.



Baby cows (ok calves but baby cows sound cuter).



And more very yellow fields although from further away. I'm guessing its rapeseed? 


Our group looking slightly damp!

Monday was our easy day with a little jaunt around Arundel.





A stop for lunch



And then 20 metres later, a stop for creme tea. Yum! 





This was the last trip of the academic year and my last as secretary of the club. It has been a great year for the club and I am very proud to have been part of it. It was a wonderful weekend and I look forward to many more! 


No comments:

Post a Comment